The Thule Frame Adapter is a sturdy solution that converts any non-standard frame to allow easy mounting when transporting and storing your bike on hanging style hitch and strap mount racks*. With a telescopic adjustment of 18"-30.5”, the new and improved Thule Frame Adapter works with most bikes, whether your frame is step-over, BMX, alternative, oversize, or child size.
The Thule Frame Adapter installs with just the push of a button, thanks to Thule's newly designed large push button clamps. Durable rubber collars secure easily and safely to your bike's seat post and handlebar stem post, providing a horizontal bar that keeps your bike centered and mounted on hanging style rear mounts. There is no need to worry about your bike's finish, as molded rubber pads provide added protection, and unique, ovalized tubing prevent unwanted rotation.
*Depending on the type of bike rack you have, you may need to secure the adapter bar to the bike with a cable lock to deter theft.
- Compatible with step-over, BMX, alternative, over size, child size, and most other non-standard size bikes
- Modifies frame to allow mounting on hanging style hitch and strap mount racks
- Durable rubber collars secure easily and safely to bike stem and seat post
- New push button clamps for quick installation and removal
- Unique, ovalized tubing prevents unwanted rotation
- Telescopic adjustment of 18" - 30.5" for all size bike frames
- Keeps bike securely centered and mounted on hanging style rear mounts
- Molded rubber pads protect bike finish
- Max. bike weight: 50 lbs
Thule is dedicated to providing exceptional products that are quality tested and guaranteed against defects in materials and workmanship.
You can view warranty details for THULE Frame Adapter by clicking the link below:
Get The Facts
WEIGHT CAPACITY: 50 lbs
ADJUSTMENT RANGE: 18" - 30.5"
DIMENSIONS: 25.3" x 3.6" x 1.9"
WARRANTY: Limited lifetime warranty
WEIGHT: 0.25 lbs
MODEL NUMBER: 982XT